Sunday, February 6

So Nice, Made Twice

When I went to the supermarket on Friday to replenish my supply of mineral water for the weekend, I discovered that there was a one-day sale on avocados and lemons. Yippee!!! I gathered a spectrum of (un)ripe haas and a mesh sack of eurekas.

Haas and Eurekas

Early this morning, before sunrise, I had a hankering. For what? Guacamole! Well, what did I do? I listened to the birdie within me, took a step back, and then conjured this recipe.

New Yum, New Yum: So Nice, Made Twice

  • NY-1: Flounder fillet, plantain (diced), olive oil/filtered water (simmer saute)
  • NY-2: Chicken Thigh fillet, plantain (diced), fried
  • Guacamole: avocado, sour cream, lemon juice

  • The Amazing Frying Corn Chips!  (Lotsa Mole)

  • Corn Tortillas (pie-cut slices): fried, sprinkled with a pestled sea salt/mole mixture
    [NOTE: NY-1 did not include the chips, or jalapenos.]
The idea to use plantain in this recipe came from a take-out meal from Thursday night. The plantain was voluminous enough to sate my early morning need for fulfillment. The chips (and the chicken) made for a dense breakfast; however, the density tampered the intensity of the guacamole.

New Yum Chicken
A fine dine, a sustenant start, and a reminder to return to a fantastical land.

No comments:

Post a Comment